Monday, October 24, 2005

TARGET (THE STORE) AND CIVIL RIGHTS AND RAPE AND RELIGIONIST LOONS

>

If everyone keeps boycotting WalMart and Target soon we'll all have to shop in stores owned by our neighbors! Why Target, you ask? Well, aside from absolutely sucking as a store, there's a new twist here I've been trying to figure out how to explain. It's all about how a woman was raped and tried to get a "morning after pill" so she wouldn't conceive. The right-wing pharmacist, presumably licensed by the state, refused to sell her one because of his religionist and "moral" objections. Not only has his license not been revoked, Target is defending this behavior. John in DC over at AMERICAblog has the letter attacking Planned Parenthood and a great analysis. You should read it so you know what we're up against-- and why you might look for a different store to spend your hard-earned bucks in. (I bought some great new jeans at Cosco today.)

4 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Timcanhear said...

I wouldn't put my eggs in a Cosco basket either. There's a ma and pa somewhere in your town just BEGGING for your hard earned dollar.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Timcanhear said...

readers of DWT, check out buyblue.org ..... let's stop supporting business' that don't support workers or are too red corporate friendly.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Ilene said...

Ah, the Kirkland Signature jeans. Dad and Hub have 'em too. (Also, you are all barmy). Did you also buy a pallet of toilet paper?

In other news, did you see the back of today's Daily News? A whole back cover devoted to Reagan's plane. Talk about revisionist history. When I'm old will they cast G.W. as some kind of scholar?

If so, I would just like to say here and now that I would like to be remembered as exceedingly tall, and also terrifically slim. Thank you.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

Ilene: Calvin Klein jeans. I didn't need any TP but I do get my pallets there.

Tim: I agree and I do 90% of my shopping at neighborhood stores. I even pick Erewon over Whole Foods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home