Friday, October 31, 2008

Mr. Sun Came Up And I'm Feelin' Good-- Barack Gets Another Endorsement

>

I can't even keep track of all the Republicans, ex-Republicans, Republicans-turned-Independents, ex-Bush staffers, former Reagan advisors, GOP pundits, NeoCons and fellow travelers who have dissed McCain and endorsed Obama in the last month. I was almost relieved when I saw that McCain got an unexpected nod in his direction yesterday from Joe The Guitar Player. After being inspired by Rudy G and Arnold, Joe said "We pretty much stay out of it. But seeing so many people come out for Obama, I just felt like ‘What the hell, I might as well raise my hand for this side.’” And Real America countered-- not just with The Economist and Stephen Colbert-- but with SpongeBob SquarePants.

As Michelle Obama said in Newsweek, "It's SpongeBob's world...we just live in it!" The whole family watches SpongeBob all the time and Barack said it's his favorite cartoon! And he's SpongeBob's favorite air breather:




UPDATE: SPONGEBOB AND GOOGLE ON THE SAME DAY!

Eric Schmidt, presumably no relation to Mean Jean or the Karl Rove Jr guy, is the CEO of Google. He's recorded a short clip on why Obama's instincts for new technology has persuaded him to vote for Barack Tuesday. And I guarantee you, Schmidt is one of the 5% of Americans who will get a tax hike when Obama is president.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TGIF! and oh what a beautiful morning!

Pretty rockin C&L story on Mean Jean too
(they don't like her either natch).

http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/mean-jean-schmidt-breaks-pledge-keep-

(is there a webword for when the word verification spells out a future word? I got "gynchnom", a female robot condition).

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friends, I speak to you today from my heart. I'm not someone who changes his mind easily, but after careful consideration of the many problems facing this nation, especially including two wars and an economic collapse, I realize that I am simply not able to effectively address these crucial issues.

Not only have I consistently championed the conservative policies that have gotten us into these messes, I have promised to continue them without letup. And I have soiled myself in kissing up to the very religious kooks who have saddled us with such bad politicians and policies so many times in the past.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to address any problem with a solution to that does not involve military force. In combination with my bellicose and angry temperament, that is simply too risky for the United States in the 21st century.

Last but not least, and as an example of my failure to put "country first" as I frequently promised, I chose for vice president someone who can accurately be described only as a nutty bimbo. And this despite the fact that my health and mental faculties are questionable, and I might not make it through my first term.

I have come to an inescapable conclusion. I am endorsing Barack Obama for President of the United States. I am voting for Obama, and I urge others to do the same.

God Bless America.

John McCain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home