Monday, September 25, 2017

A Real Time Look Back Into DIY San Francisco Punk Rock

>




I have a vague recollection that this happened. The first part of this video above was a TV show I apparently taped with KTVU icons Ann Fraser and Ross McGowan in the early 80s in San Francisco about the punk rock scene. Someone sent it to me Friday. (And, no, that was not John Amato shouting "Howie" when I came out on the set. This was decades before we ever met. Does sound like him though.) It looks like they put makeup on me. Eventually I stopped allowing that when I went on TV but this early in my show biz career. Here's a picture of me from back in those days-- without the makeup; I'm the one on the right, at the KSAN studio with Chris Knab, my 415 Records and radio show partner, and a couple of Sex Pistols, Steve Jones and Paul Cook:


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Hone said...

Ah, you look so young, Howie.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger harpo said...

I recall around this time your coming up to UC Davis to give a presentation to a KDVS staff crowd on alternative radio. You were dressed in black leather. You made quite an impression.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home